To mark Canada's 150th year, the Coalition for Music Education commemorates our nation’s musical heritage with a new Music Monday anthem that celebrates the unifying power of music. Sing It Together, commissioned by the Coalition for Music Education and co-written by JUNO award-winning songwriters Marc Jordan and Ian Thomas is available in various languages and arrangements to be used in this year’s Music Monday celebration.
Music Monday will take place on Monday, May 1, 2017 in cities across the country, anchored by a showcase event in Ottawa, ON.
Arrangements of Sing it Together are currently available for a wide variety of instruments and ensembles, and in numerous languages including French, Ojibwa, Michif, Portuguese, Sign Language, Spanish, Tagalog, Mandarin and more.
How to get involved:
- Sign up so the Coalition for Music Education can track the volume of people across Canada who want to celebrate the value of music education and music in our lives.
- Learn the new Music Monday Anthem to sing during the simultaneous sing-along across Canada on May 1, 2017
- Plan a musical celebration in your classroom or school, or with other schools, or in your community with other groups
- Join a special event in your community – Vancouver, Winnipeg, Brandon, Toronto, Charlottetown and more - stay tuned on www.musicmonday.com for more information on details for these celebrations
- Send a video to be part of the #MMC2C2C webcast and show music lives in your school and community